Samui Green Market at Fisherman’s Village
Why not treat yourself and help the environment by attending the next fabulous Samui Green Market. This vibrant market is a great place to meet new people, exchange ideas and pick up some organic goods. The next market is on the 22nd of April at the Greenlight Cafe in the Fisherman’s Village.
Homemade and heartfelt is what Samui Green Market is all about. And people come to it not just to trudge around and make a few purchases, but to enjoy the fun, vibrant atmosphere. Since it kicked off some years ago, it’s been happily free of the earnestness that seems to hallmark some of today’s new-style markets. It’s a chance to get to know other people – it’s surprisingly friendly – and to enjoy food, drink, locally made goods and a relaxed space. The market’s not really a commercial venture per se but originated with the Samui Mala, a loose coalition of ad hoc volunteers on Samui, who support a vision for a clean and green Samui.
The Green Market starts at 3:00 pm, and there’s usually live music as well. You’ll sometimes find activities too — past markets have seen children’s art, laughing yoga, presentations by groups such as Samui Snake Rescue, Flying Arrow Archery, Samui Circus Studio and even poetry readings. It’s a casual up-to-you atmosphere.
At this market, you will find:
- locally grown organic vegetables
- healthy organic food & vegan food
- freshly roasted coffee
- home-made bread & pastries
- raw desserts & sweets
- probiotic soft drinks
- homemade chocolate & cheeses
- organic soaps & shampoos
- arts, craft, and games
- yoga goods
- second-hand books & clothes
- live music and silent auctions
- solar technology & solar ovens
- organic garden & aquaponics
- trash recycle station
- alternative healing therapies & massage
- Trash Hero steel water bottle free refilling station for live structured “Kangen” water